Product Innovation Awards
The MICE Product Innovation Awards recognise the best innovations from exhibitors in 2022.
The Awards offer the chance for exhibitors to showcase their newest products to the wide-ranging MICE audience.
Products are judged by both an independent panel of industry leaders, as well as by the attendees of MICE.
Nominations will close on Friday 1 July 2022.
PEOPLE’S CHOICE (judged by visitors to MICE)
JUDGES CHOICE (judged by a panel of industry leaders)
- Coffee preparation equipment (espresso machines, brewers, roasters)
- Ancillary electrical equipment (grinders, milk frothers, etc.)
- Coffee accessories (cups, tampers, cleaning products, etc.)
- Specialty beverages (syrups, spirits, dairy and dairy alternatives, etc. that are used in conjunction with coffee beans to create a specialty beverage)
- Entrant is a registered exhibitor at MICE2022.
- Exhibitor has invested in creating a new technology or product, new to the company since 1 August 2021.
- Product must address a need, solve a problem or provide an upgraded/updated service to the industry.
- Product must be available for sale (not a prototype) – it may be launched at MICE2022.
- Is the product creating value for the industry? Is it cost effective for customers, and will it help to improve their business?
- Does the design and/or production of the product incorporate sustainable materials or methods?
- How does this product contribute to the overall knowledge of the Australian coffee industry? Does it help to educate customers (either businesses or end consumers)?
Product Innovation Award entries will be judged on your stand at times to be confirmed closer to the event. Please have someone on your stand during these times.
Judges will only visit a stand once, and will expect to have the product demonstrated when they arrive. Please keep your demonstration short (3-5 minutes).
The People’s Choice Award will be decided by votes from attendees, using voting cards distributed at the entry. All attendees will only be permitted to submit one vote. People’s Choice voting will take place during show opening times, until 2:00pm on the final day.
MICE reserves the right to refuse any entries, and to remove categories from the judging pool if minimum entry numbers are not met. Awards are at the discretion of MICE organisers.
2020 – 2021 Product Innovation Awards Winners
Congratulations to the winners of 2020-2021’s Product Innovation Award. After a highly competitive pool of entries the winners of their respected categories are:
Ancillary Electrical Equipment: Flow coffee telemetry system
Flow has been developed to help baristas make better coffee. The system integrates with espresso machines, providing feedback on every shot poured. Barista Technology Australia commenced operations in 2013. In a short time, Barista Technology Australia has built a reputation as market leaders by providing a high-quality innovative cafe product with unique benefits for speciality coffee outlets, coffee roasters & franchise chains.
Some key features of the Flow coffee telemetry system include:
- Globally accessible dashboard with every short poured stored for analysis
- Manage your equipment across all sites, days and busy periods to identify trends and issues.
- Allocate your resources more effectively by seeing how your store (or stores) are performing on a number of key metrics.
- Receive daily reports of your stores key metrics, and understand the effectiveness of your training program.
Coffee Preparation Equipment: Specialty Beverage Station
(SB1200) The SB1200 offers the customer a highly versatile modular system and flexibility, combined with tried- and-tested components and unique innovations from Franke. The integrated media pump modules make it possible to create Cold Brew beverages, for example, in addition to the usual hot coffee specialties. The special feature: Thanks to the patented Franke technology, Cold Brew beverages can be easily created without additional nitrogen equipment both with or without crema and cascading. When combined with milk or syrup (thanks to Franke’s integrated Flavour Station), this makes for a seemingly endless variety of beverages, which have an even more appealing aroma and constantly perfect quality thanks to the patented Frankes iQFlow technology integrated as standard. Thanks to Franke’s brand new Iced Coffee Module that the SB1200 offers even more drink choices for consumers and thus even more possibilities for the customer to attract consumers and stand out of the crowd.
Coffee Accessories: JOCO Aroma Lid
Designed to channel aroma at every sip, delivering key tasting notes otherwise missed using conventional vessels. The world’s first 100% plastic-free click-fit closure is a continuation of Joco’s commitment to eco-innovation. Unique architecture achieves a dependable seal with the assurance of a click-fit function. Whatever your adventure, you can rely on the Aroma Lid to secure your brew. With over 800 known aromatics in coffee and 85% of taste being derived from the sense of smell, aroma is one of the primary qualities denoting a coffee’s flavour. The Joco Cup- Aroma enhances your daily ritual with a world of aromatics. Take-away coffee like never before. In developing such a secure seal, it was important to create a system to address the steam that’s accrued within the vessel. The unique Steam Management system enables the control to safely manage and ventilate the steam from your deliciously hot beverage.