Product Innovation Awards
The MICE Product Innovation Awards recognise the best innovations from exhibitors and will encompass all nominations from 2020 and new nominations from 2021.
The Awards offer the chance for exhibitors to showcase their newest products to the wide-ranging MICE audience.
Products are judged by both an independent panel of industry leaders, as well as by the attendees of MICE.
Nominations will re-open in early 2021 and will close on 19 August 2021
PEOPLE’S CHOICE (judged by visitors to MICE)
JUDGES CHOICE (judged by a panel of industry leaders)
- Coffee preparation equipment (espresso machines, brewers, roasters)
- Ancillary electrical equipment (grinders, milk frothers, etc.)
- Coffee accessories (cups, tampers, cleaning products, etc.)
- Specialty beverages (syrups, spirits, dairy and dairy alternatives, etc. that are used in conjunction with coffee beans to create a specialty beverage)
- Entrant is a registered exhibitor at MICE2021.
- Exhibitor has invested in creating a new technology or product, new to the company since 1 January 2019.
- Product must address a need, solve a problem or provide an upgraded/updated service to the industry.
- Product must be available for sale (not a prototype) – it may be launched at MICE2021.
- Is the product creating value for the industry? Is it cost effective for customers, and will it help to improve their business?
- Does the design and/or production of the product incorporate sustainable materials or methods?
- How does this product contribute to the overall knowledge of the Australian coffee industry? Does it help to educate customers (either businesses or end consumers)?
Product Innovation Award entries will be judged on your stand at times to be confirmed closer to the event. Please have someone on your stand during these times.
Judges will only visit a stand once, and will expect to have the product demonstrated when they arrive. Please keep your demonstration short (3-5 minutes).
The People’s Choice Award will be decided by votes from attendees, using voting cards distributed at the entry. All attendees will only be permitted to submit one vote. People’s Choice voting will take place during show opening times, until 2:00pm on the final day.
MICE reserves the right to refuse any entries, and to remove categories from the judging pool if minimum entry numbers are not met. Awards are at the discretion of MICE organisers.